Pages

Beholden To None

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Symphonic Saturday: Sunday Edition, 120912

 “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.”
~Charles Dickens"A Christmas Carol"

Okay, so two points of note at the beginning of this "Symphonic Saturday" post:

(1) Although it IS officially the Jewish holiday of Chanukah, since the Festival of Lights lasts through next weekend, I will be paying tribute to that side of my heritage and to my many Jewish friends in the next edition of "Symphonic Saturday," =)

and  

(2) This week, two of my Girls (very talented and crafty goddesses) and I were getting prepared for, and then yesterday pimping our wares at, a local Holiday Bazaar this weekend ;) ... SO this week's "Saturday Symphonic" got bumped... and though I did attempt my hand at a mobile version of this post (anyone else trying to take their blog on the road??), I was, sadly, experiencing technical difficulties =/ ... Hence the "Sunday Edition" (see what I did there?? ;oP)...

I was, however, greatly inspired by yesterday's deluge of holiday spirit and tuneage, and I am now excited to share some of my very favorites with you, so here we go...

"Christmas Time is Here" from your favorite and mine,  A Charlie Brown Christmas

"White Christmas", written by Irving Berlin, and sung here by Bing Crosby - from another favorite movie, White Christmas

"All I Want For Christmas Is You" ~sung by a very talented Olivia Olson, from the wonderful movie Love Actually


...Here's a treat... =)

"Carol of the Bells" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra, complete with synchronized holiday lighting... Gotta love it!! ;)


And for today's Sunday Edition of "Symphonic Saturday" finale,
my favorite Boyz from Indiana: Straight No Chaser
with "The Christmas Can-Can" from their 2009 holiday album, "Christmas Cheers"
~ this live version always makes me giggle...
AND it's complete with a nod to the Festival of Lights! =))
HOW awesome is that?!?

HOW MUCH FUN ARE THE HOLIDAYS?!?! =oD  ...If this doesn't inject the holiday spirit into your heart and soul, ... Well, we definitely need to talk if that's the case! ;oP 


What are you always happy to get to hear when the holiday music starts playing all around your world this time of year? =)  Leave me a comment, and let me know what some of YOUR favorites are. =)


Merry Christmas!!
and
Happy Hanukkah!!
=0D

And be sure to stop by tomorrow for another fun "Make Something Monday"!

May your imagination light your way,
~xo~ StacyLynn a.k.a AllAmrcnWldFlwr [Flower]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show, Share, and Spread the Love... Thanks! =)
~xo~ "@~>~"