Pages

Beholden To None

Thursday, November 29, 2012

One of MY Favorite Things: Mod Podge Sparkle





If you were with me on Tuesday, you know that this week there's been a bit of a shift in things here at Beholden To None because I came across something simply awesome~ and just had to share it! =))  ...And if you were here, THANK YOU for reading, sharing, and participating!

Originally, here at Beholden To None, Tuesday was Thursday and Thursday was Tuesday (shades of the beloved Dr. Suess,, isn't it?! ;])... But today IS Thursday, and now Thursday's are set aside for a hodge-podge of good craft related fun complete with a revolving array of artist features, interviews, critiques, craft fair venturings, giveaways and contests, and reviews... So today, I am going to write the article I started writing for Tuesday: a product review of one of my new favorite things! =)

I just HAD to publicly express my utter passion for something I found, quite serendipitously...

This adventure begins with an integral part of my craft and art supplies arsenal: Mod Podge... Who doesn't L.O.V.E. Mod Podge, right?!?! =oD  I personally use it for SO many things, and it IS a critical ingredient in the items in my AmrcnWldFlwr Etsy Shop, and I am finding new projects and new ways to use it nearly every day...

YES, I might be just a little addicted to Mod Podge 
"Hello, My name is StacyLynn...." ;oP

 Recently, while standing in the aisle in Michael's [anybody else spend WAY too much _____ there?!?!], I was educating myself on the plethora of different color label's in the Mod Podge line...

Mod Podge CS11240 Starter Pack, Set of 2-Ounce Bottles
Some of the many 'shades' of Mod Podge

I discovered that they now have a product that shimmers with all that glitters: Mod Podge Sparkle!! =oD

Ladies and gentlemen, my new passion...
Mod Podge Sparkle- by Plaid

Okay, can just say right now that I definitely have an ongoing (tasteful ;oP) relationship with glitter- in all forms- but especially glitter glue! =)  I adore it.  It helps make pretty things prettier (although, admittedly, it can make things tacky or trashy, or unruly, depending on your propensity ;oP heeheeh), and I couldn't possibly do what I do without it. =)  I do, however, think that it is a fine line you walk, for sure, when glitter gets involved with anything... But I think I do all right~ What do you think??









 

But now, thanks to Mod Podge Sparkle, my mind is officially blown- and my love affair with Mod Podge continues...  And if I thought it couldn't get better, it has certainly deepened to a whole new level!! =oD  

Standing in the aisle at Michael's, I was intrigued (to say the least!), so I bought a small 2 FL OZ bottle, just to test it out... HOLY KAUW!!  I totally should have invested in the hefty 16 FL OZ bottle (and will), because I can't. stop. using. it. ...Literally: CAN'T. STOP. ;oP  (Is that bad??!)  I am constantly creating new projects so I *can* use it! ...And for some things, it's simply the perfect finishing touch~ giving just the right affect...




I can't say that it replaces the original Mod Podge formula- by any stretch of the imagination.  But when you need "just a little something" to make your creation "complete" (is any work of art ever REALLY done?!? ;oP) , "Sparkle" just might do the trick for you.  I know it has absolutely been a wonderful addition to my crafting and art fun!! =)  THANK YOU Mod Podge!! =oD

What are some reasons YOU love Mod Podge?? =) 

Until next time...
May your imagination light your way,
~xo~ StacyLynn a.k.a AllAmrcnWldFlwr [Flower]  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show, Share, and Spread the Love... Thanks! =)
~xo~ "@~>~"