Pages

Beholden To None

Monday, January 7, 2013

Make Something Monday, 010713: Ticket Stub Hub

"Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." 

~Albert Einstein
Welcome Back!  It's Monday, and you know what that means:
Make Something Monday! =)
 
Today's project is one I wished I had done last year, and as such, made a point of picking materials up for this year.  We're going to make a Ticket Stub Hub! =)

  
What, do you ask, is a ticket stub hub?

Are you like me?... Do you collect memory tokens~ in this instance, ticket stubs from movies, concerts, and other shows and events that you might attend throughout the year~ but only to have them end up in a drawer- or worse a shoe box that gets lost in a closet somewhere??  I have an elegant solution, and it's a fun project creating a neat little home for the little guys, too! =) 

First, let's gather our materials...

  • a shadow box (I used one I found at Michael's during their holiday sales)
  • whatever papers and decorations you like to use to dress up your "stub hub"
  • Mod Podge (of course! ;] ) and an applicator
  • a ruler, pencil, and scissors  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Flower's Note: You will also want to have a way to notch a slotted opening at the box's top if you don't want to have to continually open it form the back to add new stubs.  I am writing this post from a friend's house, and being on the road, I don't have all the tools and accessories I would normally have to make pretty things. ;)  i.e.though I wouldn't recommend it, I used a hammer and a metal paint scraper to make a slot in this ticket box.]
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unpack your shadow box from its packaging.
 
 Next, take the back off the shadow box, and use it as a template for the paper you'd like to glamorize your box with. =) 
 
 
















Using the miracle that is Mod Podge ;), attach all your embellishments to the box.


And Voila'... your stray tickets have a new home!! =)) ....


YaAaY!!... Easy, right??... And HOW fun!


It makes me happy to be able to have a place to be able to continue to see the wonderful and fun things I will do throughout the year, even after the events have passed... I think I'll place this right next to my "Great-Full" Jar!! =)

2013 is gonna be a banner year, I can feel it!  It's already shown itself to be more fun than last year! ;)

May your imagination light your way,
~StacyLynn a.k.a. AllAmrcnWldFlwr [Flower]  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show, Share, and Spread the Love... Thanks! =)
~xo~ "@~>~"