Pages

Beholden To None

Monday, April 1, 2013

Make Something Monday, 040113: Tippie Chicks

Happy Spring!! =)

Happy (belated) Easter ~Passover ~and April Fool's Day, too!! ;) 


So today being Monday, I have a new "Make Something Monday" for you! =)

Now I know that Easter came waaAaay early this year (I *know* I can't be the only one who thought that! ;oP), and this post idea was originally intended with Easter in mind, but I really think that this cute craft is great for the whole season of Spring, so here it is: Tippie Chicks!! =) 

First, your supply list:
  • the cardboard rolls from toilet paper (paper towel rolls would work as well)
  • paint
  • tissue paper
  • wiggly eyes
  • scrap construction paper
  • scissor, ruler, pencil
  • glue, glue dots, or Mod Podge


Okay, cut your cardboard rolls into the size "chicks" you want (...for this tutorial, I used two T.P. rolls, as is, and cut three in half~ to make a little family... =) ).   
 
Now paint them in pretty Spring colors... 



Great! =)  Now, let's get ready to give these chicks some personality! ;)
 
Grab your wiggley eyes...
 
Take your construction paper, and cut out little squares (I chose 1/2-inch by 1/2-inch).


Once you have them all cut, fold them each on the angle, so you have triangles...
 
 

Now glue your chicks' faces. =)

YaY! =) 
Next, cut out small square of tissue paper...
(I cut them a couple-few inches across, square)

And add your chicks "hair."
(Technically, only baby chicks have "hair," but I thought the look was so darn cute, that I did the same for Mama and Pop, too! ;oP )

Happy Family! =)

In the post I came across that inspired this "Make Something Monday," the author used small brown paper bags to make "nests" for the little chicks (another super cute idea!), but I did not have any.  I DO, however, have a TON [not kidding] of packing paper that I keep to recycle, reuse, and upcycle whenever possible.... SO... =)
 
 
SOOO cute right?!? ;oP 

While doing this tutorial, I came up with all kinds of other ideas to do along the same lines, so don't be surprised when I break out the "Tippies" again!! HA! ;)
 
WHILE I was doing the chick family, I also did an adorable little guy, as well...
 After all, it WAS Easter Sunday! ;)

So that's a super fun craft to do, and I think the littlens' would go nuts over it too... It's very kid-friendly! =)

What do you think??

Please go ahead and leave me comment if you made any of these adorable little guys~ and don't forget to share this post with your friends, too!  Share the fun! =)
 
Thanks! =oD
 
Until next time...
May your imagination light your way,
~xo~StacyLynn a.k.a. AllAmrcnWldFlwr [Flower]
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show, Share, and Spread the Love... Thanks! =)
~xo~ "@~>~"